Book Ticker

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Outlook?

Honestly I couldn't care less about New Years, it's always been a rough night for me full of pretty bad things and overinflated expectations. My whole family almost died of carbon monoxide poisoning one year, we had our car stolen another year, and for the last 10 years have worked every New Years Eve.

This year for the first time in our relationship Steve and I were both home, and we had a nice, low-key night. Brie and apples with Kaisers for dinner, Brave and American Reunion on the TV, it was nice.

Because it was the first year though it felt like it needed to be marked in some way, so we talked and decided to set a goal to go to Mexico in October. I think it might be a goal we both actually work towards, and I know for me I always do better with something to plan and look forward to.

I really want to go ziplining, and I'm in terrible shape. Like, atrocious. So with 9 full months ahead of me, I'm going to get in better shape. I have no delusions of losing 100 lbs, and hiking giant mountains. I just am going to do some interval training of some sort every day until it gets easier, and then I'm going to do a bit more until that gets easier. I only need to lose about 20 lbs to not worry about weight limits so that's only about 2 lbs a month, and honestly if I'm moving more and eating just a bit better that shouldn't be an insurmountable task. It's always been the exercise that gets me, but I've always started to big and then gotten discouraged.

So Mexico, I'm going to take you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment